Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Okay Fine! I'll confess too!


As I read Jennifer from Rowdy In First Grade's confession, I too, realized that sometimes I do those things and just keep it to myself.

1.  I'm REALLY bad at checking emails.  Sometimes I go for days and someone will say, "Did you get that email about...?"
Ummm...yeah, sure.

2.  I've been especially bad about checking emails because I always seem to get one from my favorite person.

3.  I have a fractions assessment that has been sitting in my bag for three weeks.  They've been graded, but that's about as far as it's gone.

4.  I'm so sick talking about "GROWTH"

5.  The DIBELS assessment makes me crazy and keeps me awake at night.

6.  Today, I said three times, "Get your reading notebooks and meet me on the floor."  Someone asked if they needed their notebooks.  I had a temper tantrum in my head.

7.  The expectation for sticker stories is you use one sticker per page.  One of my students used 31.  I had a temper tantrum.  For real.  

8.  I have homework papers that haven't been checked since January.

I could go on...but I think it's best not to...

Link up!  It's better to just get it off your chest.


7 comments:

  1. LOL- 31 stickers?! WHOA. Love the temper tantrum in your head! (We seem to do that a lot these days!) Thanks for linking up!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am glad someone else is awake due to DIBELS! Your temper tantrum in your head cracks me up. I wish I was better at keeping it in my head as opposed to letting it come out! Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! A First Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog through Jennifer's linky...and oh my, it is just too cute! :o) Although I teach 4th grade, I totally identified with most of your confessions! lol At my old school, DIBELS was pretty much the bible and I HATED it!! I am so glad to not have to deal with it at my new school...I feel your DIBELS pain.

    Happy Teacher Appreciation Day! :o)

    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about those temper tantrums…except lately I've been saying them out loud. I'm also right there with you on the homework!

    Marcy
    Saddle Up For 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sassy Ashley, I had a talk with my third graders in April about how they may feel that their teachers appear to be crabby more often and here's why...if you had problems following directions in August and you still do, it's frustrating. AGH! I also love that you get e-mails from your 'favorite person'. Is this really a favorite or a 'favorite person'....because well, I have some 'favorites' that work in my hallway...and well...I wish I could sometimes throw a tantrum about that!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. These confessions cracked me up and made me feel so not alone!! #6...ALL the time!!
    -Elyse @ A is for Apples

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the temper tantrums in my head Ashley. I always ask my kids - do you see the steam coming out of the top of my head? And I have papers from way far back waiting to be graded too:)

    ReplyDelete