Friday, May 2, 2014

May Currently

I'm linking up with Farly for the May Currently!  Woo Hoo!  I just love this time of year!


Listening - my husband is such a go-getter.  And I am so proud that he works so hard but come on!  It's Friday!  Put the phone down and stop selling!  Have a drink...or two :)

Loving that there is NO MORE SNOW!!!  My Florida roots couldn't handle all that stankin' cold!

Thinking - My family's annual stockholders meeting is next Friday and I'm flyin' home!!!  It's only been a few weeks since our wedding but I miss everybody (and Florida).

Wanting - Ok, soooo some might disagree with this but since my husband and I have gotten married, he has been in control of the money (it's better this way).  He is very organized and frugal.  He knows what's coming in and how much is going out.  I, on the other hand...let's just say that we had a card cutting ceremony not long after we had gotten engaged.  But seriously!  I just want - I mean NEED - some new spring dresses!  Just a few.  With maybe some sandals.  And a bag..

Needing to put in a sick day for next Friday.  I realized I forgot to do that once I started writing this.

Surprise - Okay so I seriously stole this idea from my girl Erin at The Short and Sassy Teacher.
But it was so stankin' cute!  Comment below and I'll pick someone at random and send you a box of my favorite teachery things!  Teacher appreciation is next week after all :)

Link up y'all!  It's way too much fun!

10 comments:

  1. I want some new spring dresses too!!!! Have fun with your family next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I'm feeling the shopping bug too! I just stare and stare at my closet and nothing pops out at me! P.S. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzy! I do the same thing and my husband comes in the closet and reminds me I have plenty to wear :(

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your wedding! I just got married too! We are coming up a month - fortunately, my husband hasn't found out about my money in my paypal account (from TpT) so I can shop online, have it sent to school, and "I've had this dress for ages"! Have a great time at your family get together! I love my family!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a girl in town that does all my monogramming and she does the same thing! She just has everything sent to the shop and when her husband asks about it, she screams "You never pay attention to anything I wear!!!" (Adding a little drama always seems to get them to be quiet, I've learned :)

      Delete
  4. I love it! Us sassy teachers have to stick together! ;) I am trying hard not to purchase any new clothes right now..but somehow I got a new dress from Gap..oops!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower! Was this a Dave Ramsey card cutting ceremony?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, it was so sad! He handed ME the scissors and I had to do the cutting! I had to cut up the very best ones...Dillards, my Visa Platinum...gone - all gone!

      Delete
  6. Your blog is super cute! I'm a new follower from Beyond the Gradebook!

    http://beyondthegradebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it'll actually be sunny in the "sunshine state" when you head down! It's been a rainy weekend! I got excited when I saw your comment on my blog and I thought you were currently in Tampa ... now I see you're not, boo!! :(
    -Elyse @ A is for Apples

    ReplyDelete