Sunday, May 25, 2014

10 Things Linky Party!

I'm linking up with Deanna Jump to talk about the top ten things I want to do this summer!

1.  Spend time with this guy!

It's terrible.  Since we've gotten married I've been bogged down with work and haven't really made any time for us.  This summer, I plan on giving this guy LOTS of attention to make up for a few months of lost time.  That's why its first on my list.

2. Go on a Honeymoon!

Once again, because of work, Scott and I weren't able to go on a honeymoon after the wedding (I only took four days off for the wedding itself).  But we have booked a romantic getaway on June 25th...

Yes, my friends - we are going to St. Lucia!!

3. Go Shopping for My Honeymoon!

Since getting married, I have stressed in several posts that my husband is in full control of the finances.  This is for good reason.  Had my husband not been in full control of the finances I would have already owned the entire Lilly Pulitzer summer collection!
I've managed to snag a few things here and there on Ebay!

4. Visit my family in Florida

Every year, my family packs up and moves to the Keys for 6-8 weeks.  Scott and I are flying out of Miami International so that when we get back from our honeymoon, we can shoot on down to the keys.
 My old man is almost 70 years old and can still free dive and spear fish!
My brother...there are no words...

5. Organize and Decorate our House

It's like a never ending job.  And when you have two people that have been single and living on their own and decorating their own houses, you're bound to have disagreements in decor.
I told him I wanted some shelving like this in the master bath.  He said he could make those.  I love my husband but the last DIY he attempted turned into an overnight disaster.  
I wish I could blink and I would already be done!
A friend of mine bought us a monogram like this for our wedding...now all I have to do is find a frame!

6. Take up a hobby

I went kayaking yesterday with friends and it was so much fun!  I realized how much I missed being outdoors.  One great thing about living in North Carolina is all the outdoor activities.  I want to get a mountain bike because Raleigh is loaded with trails.
This could possibly be me!!
I also want to get back into tennis this summer.

7. Finish a few projects...for school

I know!  It's terrible!  But I have a few projects that I really need for the next school year and it is my goal to get them done!  This summer!

8. Learn to be a more organized cook!

It'll be 7:00 at night and I'll just be getting back from the grocery store and starting dinner!  (My poor husband)
So what I did was go out and buy a chalkboard for our kitchen wall to organize a menu for the week.  I'll plan the dinners for the week and write it on the board.  Then I'll dig through the freezer and see what meats we have and what we need.  Then I'll shop on Saturday or Sunday to have the meals for the week.  
I write this like I do this all the time.  It happened like once. 

9.  Enjoy some pool time and adult beverage


Don't these look yummy!
And the pool in my subdivision is OPEN!!

10. Not Worry

I can't keep worrying about what the future holds.  I have to leave it in His hands and trust that I will be okay.

Philippians 4:6-7

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.


So that is my top ten for this Summer!  What's yours?  Link up with Deanna Jump!




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your list! I definitely want to spend more time with my husband this summer. It's crazy how we get so busy during the school year that we have little time for anything else!

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! I want to stop worrying as well. I feel as though that is all that teachers ever do is worry, worry, worry. When will it stop?!

    Eden
    Teaching in Flats

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your decorating ideas! Pinned those, of course! Lucky you on the great vacation. The pictures are gorgeous- have a wonderful time!

    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your list and you! You will have SUCH a wonderful time with your mister on your honeymoon and enjoying married life without your school schedule! I too am hoping to have some time to travel and enjoy hobbies this summer!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete