Friday, January 24, 2014

Five for Friday!


It's time for Five for Fridaaayyyyy!!!  with Doodlebugs Teaching!  (I say that in my best Oprah voice.)

 So the future hubs is starting to think that maybe it wasn't such a great idea to buy me the Silhouette.  I now have him helping me do projects all over the house!

He complained that it was not manly to do arts and crafts...

But it turned out so lovely :)

How could you NOT relax when you see that? 
 I say all it needs is a little greenery...


It SNOWED!!!
  Now don't get me wrong - I HAVE seen snow.  I guess I was so excited because I'm actually living in a place where it can snow.  As you can see, Rosco wasn't quite sure what to make of it...

And yes, Scott and I will always represent the University of Florida regardless of how bad of a football season!  Gators for LIFE!

My bachelorette party is a month away!  Yikes!  I was ordered by the MOH (maid of honor) to wear a white dress (working on that).  I have also been working on little baggies for my girls :)



 Aren't they just darling??

I was also going to add some snacks and baby cokes but then I was in my local monogram shop and saw these...
OBSESSED!  And so adorable!  With the girl's monograms!  AH!  I have to be sneaky about purchasing them because Scott says I'm not allowed to spend any more money...hhhmmmm...




One of the reasons I wanted to start blogging is so that I could start connecting with all those brilliant teachers out there and share ideas.  And lemme tell you - there are some AMAZING teachers out there!  I wish I could get into their brains!  One fabulous idea was from Tara West from Little Minds At Work.  If ya'll haven't checked out her guided reading plans - you must!  I bought all four of her guided reading packs!  She does this thing in her class called "Mix it and Fix it"  where there is a scrambled sight word and the students have to unscramble it and record it.  So stankin cute..
I found these cheap pop top jars at the dollar tree and labeled them with numbers.  The students unscramble the words and record them.  Easy center to help with sight words!

The only thing I did was make a recording sheet (hopefully Miss Tara won't mind) to go with the center.  Ya'll can get it here!

As I said, fab teacher with fab ideas!  This one came from Mrs. Hudgens at Smitten with First.  I needed something that taught cause and effect - it's such a difficult skill with first graders.  Michelle had the most precious activity that used the Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats.  And it related with my firsties to a T!

I introduced the topic through a few examples, made an anchor chart, etc.  Then I read the book and used Michelle's activity for a follow up.  It was wonderful how they were able to get the connection!
 Not to mention the precious craftivity that went with it!
Too stankin cute!  I have a sweet parent that comes in to volunteer and she helped my students get this project finished.

Hope ya'll have a fabulous weekend!

Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.





2 comments:

  1. Aren't husbands (future ones included!) the best? Mine does all sorts of wonderful things for our home and my classroom. You know what they say. Real men marry teachers! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy! Yes - I would agree that I have the most amazing future husband!

    ReplyDelete