Wednesday, November 27, 2013

'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving...

Ahhhh...  The sweet sound of Thanksgiving break...My mother, who teaches Kindergarten, got the ENTIRE week off.  I had two whole days this week.  Is it just me, or do the few days before a break feel like an eternity?

Well, I made sure those two whole days were packed with activities to keep 'em busy, busy, busy.

I bought this "Feasting on Inferences" pack from Lyndsey at A Year of Many Firsts.  Y'all, if you haven't checked out her stuff, ya should.  She is so stankin' creative!  And my kids had a blast with her activity.

It was such a fun way to learn about inferencing! 

Then we read one of my favorite books...
And then we made a text to self connection and wrote how we would help the turkey escape.

This little friend said he would put the turkey on top of the house!

This one says she would sneak out at night and tell them to run away.

Not to mention we had a pizza party because my class sold the most tickets for the fall festival!  Try listening to "when is the pizza party?"  ALL.  DAY.  LONG.  
But now...ahhhhh......the sweet sound of pots clicking in preparation for Thanksgiving.

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving is happy, happy, happy! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment