Monday, November 11, 2013

It's Fall Y'all!

Being from the state of Florida I had NEVER seen the beauty of the fall - let alone lived in it!  So it's not a surprise that when it started to turn fall up here in the great Tar Heel State I was in awe!  It's just the most beautiful sight!  I made the mistake of telling my first graders how much I loved the fall leaves - I say mistake because now I receive a small pile of colored debris every morning :)

So because I am SO IN LOVE with the fall season it was only fitting that I created a Fall pack for my math and literacy stations!  I finally finished it today and plan on incorporating the literacy activities into their stations tomorrow.  (They worked on the math last week.)

We learned how to "count on" from the largest number...


And we also learned how to use manipulatives to help us solve for the missing addend. 
I found some small pumpkins for super cheap at Michael's that my students love using to help them find the missing addend.

If you want to see what else I've included in this pack, click here!

What is your favorite thing about the fall?


  

No comments:

Post a Comment