Thursday, March 17, 2016

Centers made from Target Easter goodies...and it's all FREE!

HOW MUCH DID YOU SPEND???
That's ALWAYS the first question my husband asks me as I walk through the door.  Arms loaded with gorgeous goodies from Target.  A majority of them from the dollar section.  I try to change the subject and throw him a bag of Haribo gummy bears but it always ends up me trying to justify my huge purchase.  These things just make the learning SO MUCH FUN!!!
First up, I found these tiny pouches.  The carrots came in a pack of three, the eggs in a pack of four.  And that's all they had of those or I would have bought more.  I found some glittery foam stickers and fastened the letters with some adhesive glue for a little extra stick.
For the carrots, I made some little sticks for them to slide inside the carrot pouches.  UR, IR and ER and three sounds they really needed to work on so I chose those for these pouches.  I printed the sticks on heavy card stock.  My husband was SURE they would bend the sticks...

But they treated them with such care!
This center was a real winner!

For the little egg pouches I thought short and long vowels (CVCE) would be a good review.

They said they love the "teeny tiny cards."  I also made this same center that covers igh and ie.
Next up are the eggs.  Using the same foamy stickers, I numbered the eggs.
Then I made a sentence to go in each egg...
and put them in an adorable bucket with some grass.
The students "crack" the egg and unscramble the sentence.  This center covers that one standard...what is it...recognize the distinguishing features of a sentence?  You know which one I'm talking about.  I did have to model it for them and tell them to look for the capital and the punctuation first and put those at the ends and then fill in the middle and reread it until it made sense.

Let's not forget about erasers!  I have so many!  And I buy a new bag every time I see them!
We haven't covered graphing yet, but I thought it would be fun to expose it to them during guided math on a Friday or something.  Give them something new and exciting.
I whipped up a quick game of addition bingo.  They use the erasers to cover their answers.  They fight over this one.
Another center I created was a measuring center using the carrot erasers.  Even though we haven't covered measuring either, this was something they caught onto pretty quickly.  And it doesn't hurt to expose them to it and let them explore, right?


You can get all these centers HERE for FREE!
Hope your friends enjoy them!  Easter's right around the corner!



No comments:

Post a Comment