Thursday, January 1, 2015

Currently in January!


I can't believe how FAST this year has flown by!  So I'm linking up with Farley for her January Currently!



Listening - I love The Today Show.  Now that I'm on winter break for the entire month of January I can watch it all day!  (Note: I'm at a year round school and I have a LOOOONG five week winter break.)

Loving - I just paid my car off!!!!!!  WOO HOO!!!  No more car payments!!  I have a red Ford Explorer and she's in great shape.  I plan on driving her for a VERY long time.  I'm a little attached to her anyway.  Does anyone else get attached to vehicles?  Or am I just weird?

Thinking - My husband and I have been married for 9 months now and well, I'll just admit it, we've kind of let ourselves go.  We go out to eat, we go to the movies, we sit in front of the TV and watch football and drink beer.  I also cook almost every night.  I used to run 3 miles a day and well, I don't so much anymore.  He and I have both made a pact with one another to start healthy habits.  I want to be in shape when we start having babies!

Wanting - So to start our healthy habits we needed a healthy hobby that we could do together as a couple.  So we got mountain bikes.  Not just bikes you get from Wal-Mart.  We went to a "bike store."  I had a bike fitted for my body frame.  Crazy huh?  Who would have thought a bike could be so technical???  

Needing - I always have trouble with this one because I never feel like I need anything.  But then I think on how I NEED to improve myself as a person.  When you get closer to having kids, you start to think of the person you want to model to your children.  

Yes - I will get back in shape.  Maybe not running 3 miles a day.  But at least be back to the healthy self I once was.  And have my husband be on board with it.

Maybe we'll talk babies.  We actually had "the talk" on the way back from Florida last night.  I don't think we're ready yet.  We're still waaay too selfish and I want to at least have a one year anniversary!

My wish for 2015 is health and continued blessings.  Scott and I are so blessed and now we are able to help others...it's such a good feeling!

Happy New Year Y'all!

5 comments:

  1. How do you like the year-round school thing? I think I would like it - but we don't have air conditioning in most schools so it would be too hot in the summers. My husband is a contractor and his busiest time is the summer when I am off... If I were off in January, we could do an awesome trip. I hope you have a very Happy New Year!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOOOVE year round school. I don't know how I could ever go back to traditional!

      Delete
  2. I'm officially jealous of a five week winter break! That would be awesome! I love the new bike excitement! My husband and I got Treks a few years ago and love them! We really enjoy riding as a family during the summer months. We will often do round trips of about 50 miles! My 9 year old daughter even keeps up! God's blessings on a healthier you! Enjoy your new year!

    Heidi Neels
    Flipping For First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50 miles?!? Well, I was thinking, maybe, like, 1. Or 2. You guys must be in some serious shape! That is totally my goal this year - I want to have kids that can keep up. Thanks for the inspiration! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Saw you on Farley's link up...super cute blog design! I'm wishing for health and happiness this year too...Happy New Year!
    Stephanie
    Tales of Teaching in Heels

    ReplyDelete