Saturday, October 24, 2015

Five for Friday - Hello? Is anybody out there?

It's been a looooong time since I've blogged!  But sometimes, you just have to step away and rewind a little bit.  I was on a three week fall vacation and I was going to enjoy every minute of it and not think about work.  So, upon my return to blogging, what better way than to kick off with a link with Doodle Bugs Teaching!

Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday!  I just love everything about it - the candy, the costumes, the spookiness of it all.  So over the break I did a ton of decorating.  Check out what I have so far...
This area is in our front foyer.

 The little white ghost was a decoration I had in my house when I was a little girl.  I just can't seem to get rid of it!
 I love this little area at night...it lets off such a soft glow :)
Scott calls this the gothic room of death.  I love it.


 We're throwing a Halloween party and I wanted to make sure I had an intoxicating booze bar.



 This little fella is from my house before I got married.  I figured I'd keep him too.  He looks real cute on our mantle above the fire place.

 This little haunted house is like the white ghost.  A childhood decoration and something I just can't get rid of.  I keep it on a side table in our living room.

For some reason, I've been thinking about BABIES a lot...
and this picture just makes my heart melt.  Y'all, if he's this sweet with our dog, how's he gonna be with our kids???

We had some teacher workdays this week and I got INSANELY organized.  My guided reading is ready to rock!  I'm LOVING my new phonics posters!  You can check them out HERE in my store.

Although I did a lot of relaxing I did have some things to cross off my to do list.  I updated two sight word intervention packs.  They include the same words but with all updated and new activities.  I knew I was going to need them when we got back to school and I knew I wasn't going to have time to update them so I got a jump on it.







In addition, I also finished a project that had been requested by my firsties!  I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing when your students know you can make stuff and they start putting in requests...
I created this pack to go in Word Work for Daily 5 stations...



you can check this pack out HERE.

It feels good to be back!  Have a great weekend friends!




1 comment:

  1. Omg, your Halloween decorations are so great! Every year I have a "Birthdayween" party, but my decorations pale in comparison to yours.

    Sarah
    Years That Ask Questions

    ReplyDelete