Saturday, November 8, 2014

Five for Friday, Halloween Recap and Switching Gears (and Writing Center Freebies)

It's a full moon, right???  It has seemed like it this week.  My little friends were a little cray-cray.  Especially today because it was early release.  But I'm good now.  So I decided that I would link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a little Five for Friday action.

We had been getting strange letters all week from a mystery someone who was going to come in and read to us on Halloween.  We tried to figure it out all week!
 It was Mr. Wade!  Our old TA!  We miss him so much!
He was dressed as Harry Potter for Halloween.  And we were all ears when he read us "Shake Dem Halloween Bones!"



I bought Lindsey's (from A Year of Many Firsts) Boo to You pack.  These monsters were so stankin' cute!  And were the perfect "keep 'em busy" activity for that Friday!  We also wrote "How to Spook a Monster..."

Halloween is now OVER.  Time to Give Thanks.
And it's time to give Thanksgiving the recognition it deserves!  
On my writing center peg board I kept the candy corn lights.  They still looked like fall.  Then I added a fall garland.
And of course I changed out the word wall words for Thanksgiving.  You can get them HERE for Free!
I also got all new packs of stickers for sticker stories!  Dollar a piece at Micheals!  You can get the paper for sticker stories HERE.
Now that Raleigh is shredded with beautiful colors, it was time to break out the Fall Centers!

For Daily 5, they have a review of Digraphs.  I also have a recording sheet where they have to read the word they have spun and determine whether it is real or nonsense.  I'll put that in next week.
For some reason, they like anything that has a spinner...

I also have a fall sentence scramble.  At the beginning of the year they kinda struggled with this activity in my Apple Centers.  Now, I feel like they are grabbing it more because it's a concept they can figure out.
Ahhh, mystery critters.  My higher students LOVE this activity.
They have to read the short passage and then make a list of clues (key details) about the critter.  Then they draw a picture after they visualize it.


I also have a ton of math center activities that we have not yet gotten to.  One of these days...

I had these really cute bags that I used for all my little cd players and books for listen to reading.  I cannot find ANYTHING for Thanksgiving.  Has anyone seen any for this time of year?  I'll I've seen are ones for Christmas.  I got some canvas bags from Micheals...might slap some paint on them.  I'll let ya know how it goes.

Have a great weekend, friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment